Careers at Brite
Join our dynamic and inclusive team and take your career to the next level! Apply today and be a part of shaping the future of employee benefits with us.
Brite Benefits, Inc. is looking for a well balanced software engineer who can help build new features and scale current features. Brite Benefits is focused on work life balance. We know first hand that being able to take care of your personal life makes you a better employee.
Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Consider all security issues related to any features add or maintained
- Document security concerns and plan to resolve security issues
Brite expects 40 hours a week from their developers. We offer working from home part time and flexible time off. We offer competitive benefits and stock options.
Software Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Analyzing information
- General programming skills
- Software design
- Software debugging
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- Problem solving
- Software development fundamentals
- Software development process
- Software requirements
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Golang or object-oriented design skills
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com